Overview of Transaction
• Say Media, Inc. (“Say”) has been revolutionizing digital media for the past decade. The company recently divested their owned and operated brands to focus on their publishing platform, Tempest, as well as global sales efforts in rich media and branded content.
• This transaction further solidifies Say's position in the market and provides the liquidity needed to pursue strategic actions, including: engineering and site onboarding resources and the continued development of unique advertising solutions in the digital marketplace.
Significance of Transaction
• Provides permanent capital to support Say’s growth, particularly that driven by the success of the Tempest platform.
• Allows for the funding of working capital needs associated with the company’s revenue growth.
• Retired an existing credit facility with a prominent technology bank. Opus Bank's Role
• Opus Bank (“Opus”) was introduced to Say by one of the company’s investors.
• Opus competed against a number of other lenders and was awarded the transaction as a result of its deep understanding of Say’s technology and by providing the best structure for the company.
• Opus recognized the transformation of the company to a provider of a state-of-the-art publishing platform that allows media properties to maximize their ad revenues.
About Say Media
Say Media is dedicated to supporting independent publishers through state of the art technology and a range of advertising solutions. Tempest, the company’s next generation content management system, caters to the needs of storytellers, marketers, and readers with editor-friendly smart layouts, premium advertising and device-agnostic article pages and is quickly becoming a sought after publishing solution for digital magazines around the world. And Say Media works closely with marketers, offering a range of premium advertising products and sponsored content solutions designed to align with editorial, captivate readers and flow seamlessly within the Tempest environment.